William James Hall Computer Services
New Users - Getting Started at William James
Welcome to William James Hall! As using a computer and email will probably play a major role during your tenure at William James, it's important that you get yourself an account established and your computer registered. The WJH Computer Services staff is here to help you during this process and down the road.
What you should do
- Ask your departmental administrator to forward your details to us so that appropriate accounts can be created. Please note that we cannot make an account without the approval of your department's administrator!
- After your account is setup, stop by the WJH Helpdesk on the 13th Floor and introduce yourself. Here you can set your password for your UNIX and @wjh email account. Please make sure you have your photo ID with you!
- You will also receive a temporary password for your WJH-AD (Active Directory) account. This account is required to log into any of the public terminals and computer labs. Visit the lab adjacent to the helpdesk to verify that your login works. You will be prompted to change your password the first time you login.
- If you have your own computer, it must be registered before it can connect to the network.
- If you need Harvard supplied software installed, check out the software downloads. WJHCS, via FAS, offers a wide variety of software to suit your needs.
- Setup your email. Instructions to assist you can he found here.
Help down the road
Should a problem arise, or should you need help, we are here to assist you. If the resources on this site can't answer your questions, feel free to contact the WJH Helpdesk.