William James Hall Computer Services
Setup Instructions for Mozilla Thunderbird
Visit www.getthunderbird.com and download the latest version of the Thunderbird Application. Follow the on-screen directions to install Thunderbird. If you already have it installed, you may skip this step.
Open Thunderbird. The Account Wizard should automatically start. If it does not, click on the Tools menu, then click Account Settings… , and then click the Add Account…Button.
Make sure Email Account is selected in the list and click Next.
- Enter your full name in the "You Name" field. This is how it will appear when others receive your messages.
- In the "Email Address" Box, Enter your full email address, including the @wjh.harvard.edu. Click next.
- Select IMAP as the server type by clicking the radio button.
- For the Incoming server, enter imap.wjh.harvard.edu in the box.
- For the Outgoing server, enter smtp.wjh.harvard.edu in the box.
- Verify the names you typed are correct, and click Next.
- This page should already be filled out for you. If not, enter your account name (the part of your email before the @ symbol) and password in the boxes. When finished, click Next.
- You can give your account a name of your choosing, or you can accept the default value. When finished, click Next.
- Verify your settings are correct and click Finish. If the "Account Settings" window is open, click OK to close it. You New Email Account should appear in the left hand pane of the Thunderbird window.