William James Hall Computer Services
Setup Instructions for Microsoft Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express. It can be found in the Start menu.
- If this is your first time starting Outlook Express, a wizard should start. If it does not, do the following first:
- In Outlook Express, click on the Tools menu, and then click Accounts… .
- On the right hand side, click the button labeled Add.
- Click on Mail… to start the wizard.
- For the Display Name, enter your full name. This is how it will appear when others receive your messages. When finished, click Next.
- Enter your full email address, including the @wjh.harvard.edu. Click next.
- On this page, click in the drop down box and select IMAP as the server type.
- For the Incoming Mail server, enter imap.wjh.harvard.edu in the box.
- For the Outgoing Mail server, enter smtp.wjh.harvard.edu in the box.
- Verify the names you typed are correct, and click Next.
- Enter your account name (the part of your email before the @ symbol) and password in the boxes. When finished, click Next.
- Click Finish . A message should pop up about downloading folders. Click Yes, and then OK. Your WJH Email folders should appear in the folders list on the left side of the Outlook Express Window.