William James Hall Computer Services
Setup Instructions for Microsoft Outlook
- Open Outlook. It can be found in the Start menu.(You must have Microsoft Office installed)
- If this is your first time starting Outlook, a wizard should start. If it does not, click on the Tools menu, and then click E-Mail Accounts…
- Select 'Add a new e-mail account' and click Next.
- Select 'IMAP' and click Next.
- Under User Information, enter your full name in the 'Your Name' box. This is how it will appear when others receive your messages.
- Enter your full email address in the 'E-mail Address' box, including the @wjh.harvard.edu.
- Under Logon Information, your username (the part of your email before the @) should be automatically filled in. If it is not, type it in the 'User Name' box.
- Optional: Type your password in the box if you want outlook to store your password.
- For the Incoming Mail (IMAP) server, enter imap.wjh.harvard.edu in the box.
- For the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server, enter smtp.wjh.harvard.edu in the box.
- Click on More Settings..., then click on the Advanced tab. Check the first box directly under 'Incoming Server (IMAP)' to enable SSL. Click OK.
- Verify the information you typed is correct, and click Next.
- Click Finish . Your WJH Email folders should appear in the folders list on the left side of the Outlook Window.